Saturday 9 May 2009

Kitchen duty


It has been a busy day here in the kitchens of our residence at no 43. 

All sorts of baked goods have been prepared because, to be quite candid, I love eating them!

Shortbreads, orange biscuits, jam tarts, and a GI cranberry cake thingy for AGA who likes that sort of thing.  AGA meanwhile has been looking at Grandfather clocks as he is speaking of buying one.  He emailed my mother about them and now she seems to be caught up in the grandfather clock whirlwind and has said she would like us to organise one for her too!

Sir George meanwhile is merely sitting about, occasionally playing a few quick pieces on the harpsichord or else making his baroque presence felt all over the place.

Anyway, to get back to the baking.  Here they are:

Shortbreads



Orange biscuits (these are shortbread mixture to which I added some water, candied orange peel, orange flower water and allspice).



Tarts

Marmalade and a few raspberry ones.

These will all very nicely with a cup of tea I think!

Now what will I do with this lot that I bought on a whim today. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment